Community and Engagement Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Science is one of the largest and most complex faculties of UNSW Sydney with 9 diverse schools: Aviation; Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences; Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences; Chemistry; Materials Science and Engineering; Mathematics and Statistics; Optometry and Vision Science; Physics; and Psychology and many major Research Centres.
The Community and Engagement Officers will support our School and Faculty engagement plans with communities including student, staff, industry, and partner organisations to achieve of our shared 2025 Strategy goals.
About the role
- $ 90,399 -$97,838K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
We are seeking TWO experienced Community and Engagement Officers to help develop and manage a Faculty-wide engagement program. Using your experience in promotional, event management and engagement work, you will be required to develop, deliver and evaluate engagement activities. You will build and maintain effective working and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, support the Schools in their engagement activities, implement improvements, produce content for communication material and co-ordinate the planning and maintenance of outreach activities and events.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong time management and organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Sound consultation and influencing skills and proven ability to interact effectively and develop relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Relevant degree and extensive relevant experience or equivalent competency gained through another combination of education, training and experience
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Fiona Maclean, General Manager, Science
T: +61 2 9385 7911
Applications close: 15th November 2017