Gross Anatomy Support Unit Manager
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Department of Anatomy is one of four main areas that make up the School of Medical Sciences, the largest research and teaching School within UNSW Medicine. The Department offers a range of subjects to students who wish to take individual subjects as part of their course or who wish to engage in a full program majoring in anatomy or biological anatomical anthropology. Anatomy subjects are offered as part of the Bachelor of Science and Advanced Science programs as well as the Bachelor of Medical Science and Exercise Physiology programs. Anatomy is also an essential component of all undergraduate medicine programs at UNSW.
About the role
- $101K-$113K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Department of Anatomy currently has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled individual to head their Gross Anatomy Support Unit (GASU). The Manager will be responsible for coordinating the operations of the GASU to ensure it meets the Department’s teaching and research needs. With a strong focus on Workplace Health and Safety and Legislative Compliance, the GASU Manager will lead a team to deliver and maintain high standards of work practice and supports a culture of continuous improvement in the operation of the GASU.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Advanced knowledge of medical sciences (particularly anatomy) and solid understanding of cadaveric embalming and preservation techniques;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant legislation, including, but not limited to, the NSW Anatomy Act 1977 and the NSW Human Tissue and Anatomy Legislation Amendment Act 2003, with the proven ability to apply this legislation in the workplace; and
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline combined with at least five years’ experience in managing a laboratory or morgue facility.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr Romaric Bouveret – School Manager or Professor Edna Hardeman - Head, Department of Anatomy
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
T: (61 2) 9385 3799 or (61 2) 9385 3760
Applications close: Friday, 27 November 2017