Technical Assistant in Biotechnology and Biomolecular Science
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Science (BABS) teaches undergraduates, mentors postgraduate research students and conducts research in the disciplines of biotechnology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, microbiology, environmental microbiology, medical microbiology and immunology.
About the role
- $64,538 - 68,080 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
We are seeking TWO Technical Assistants to support the smooth running and operation of the School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Science’s teaching and research laboratories.
Reporting into the Technical Laboratory Manager – Teaching, you will provide technical assistance in the setup and/or delivery of demonstrations in laboratories, facilitating a smooth turnaround of classes.
Experience with the use of the autoclave and agar plate pourer for the sterilisation and preparation of bacterial media will be highly desirable.
Previous experience working with students and willingness to learn new techniques will also be highly regarded.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Sound computer literacy skills, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Demonstrated experience in basic laboratory techniques and an understanding of safety procedures.
- Completion of a relevant tertiary qualification in a science related discipline and/or relevant work experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr V Agustin Franco, Technical Laboratory Manager - Teaching
T: (61 2) 9385 3304
Applications close: 15th November 2017