Technical Laboratory Manager, Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences (BEES) examines the natural environment, including life, from the core of the Earth to its upper atmosphere, deep in time through to the present and modelling towards the future.
About the role
- $101,051 - $113,856 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The School of BEES seeks applicants for a Technical Laboratory Manager, who have had extensive experience with management of facilities and staff working in field and laboratory based research and teaching environments.
The position reports to the School Manager and has 8 direct reports. This position works closely with the HSE Coordinator – BABS and BEES and faculty/central Health and Safety.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A degree in a relevant area, with significant experience or equivalent competency gained through another combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive experience in the technical management of teaching and research facilities, including field-based research.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing technical staff.
- Proven experience in effective policy, planning, operation, and maintenance of teaching and research laboratories.
- Demonstrated ability to support and advise researchers and students on the technical aspects of laboratories and the design, development, and conduct of experiments.
- Demonstrated success in the dedication to continuous improvement through long-term planning and expansion of laboratory policy and facilities.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
T: +61 2 93852192
Applications close: 15th November 2017