Technical Officer in Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences (BEES) examines the natural environment, including life, from the core of the Earth to its upper atmosphere, deep in time through to the present and modelling towards the future.
About the role
- $70,395 - $79,655 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The School of BEES seeks applicants for two technical officer positions who are suitably qualified to assist with the operation and maintenance of a glasshouse, oversight of field equipment maintenance and storage, fieldwork assistance and/or strong skills in laboratory maintenance and support.
The position reports to the Technical Laboratory Manager and works closely with the HSE Coordinator – BABS and BEES.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated ability to provide instruction to others in laboratory techniques and use of safety equipment and safety procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to review and implement existing policies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to people of varying backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent level of knowledge gained through education, training and/or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
T: +61 2 93852192
Applications close: 15th November 2017