Technical Officer in Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences (BEES) examines the natural environment, including life, from the core of the Earth to its upper atmosphere, deep in time through to the present and modelling towards the future.
About the role
- $82,417 - $87,919 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The School of BEES seeks applicants for a technical officer who is suitably qualified to provide high level technical expertise in teaching and research support in either Marine, Biological or Ecosystem Science.
The position reports to the Technical Laboratory Manager.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and subsequent experience in a similar role or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Extensive understanding of Geosciences and/or Biological Sciences and/or experience working in a teaching laboratory.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and participating in fieldwork in a similar discipline and experience in maintaining field research equipment.
- Proven technical capabilities in areas aligned with laboratory activities with a proven ability to apply knowledge and experience to analyse, investigate and solve technical and operational issues.
- Effective record keeping skills (both paper and electronic), including the ability to work accurately, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to apply, interpret, advise on the development of policies, systems, procedures and guidelines.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
T: +61 2 93852192
Applications close: 15th November 2017