Technical Officer, Biotechnology and Biomolecular Science
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Science (BABS) teaches undergraduates, mentors postgraduate research students and conducts research in the disciplines of biotechnology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, microbiology, environmental microbiology, medical microbiology and immunology.
About the role
- $82,417 - $87,919 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
We have TWO Technical Officer - Research positions available in the School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Science. You will be responsible for all operational aspects of your designated area in BioSciences South, including overseeing the safe and effective use of research equipment and infrastructure, procuring research materials and providing support and training as required for researchers and research students
Reporting into the Technical Laboratory Manager - Research, and working closely with the HSE Coordinator – BABS and BEES and central/faculty Health and Safety you must be experienced in the operation of PC2/OGTR certified research laboratories within the biological science disciplines.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated experience working in or managing PC2 environments.
- Knowledge of WHS and OGTR (Office of Gene Technology Regulator) policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to people of varying backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- Ability to identify needs for and contribute to the development of innovative and efficient work practices.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent level of knowledge gained through education, training and/or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr Jeff Welch
T: +61 2 93851480
Applications close: 15th November 2017