Description of Work Unit
The mission of the Graduate Programs recruiting team is to facilitate growth and development of 9 graduate programs and the Colorado State University brand through student recruitment and corporate and community engagement.
The unit is responsible for the development, implementation, and assessment of marketing strategies, recruitment activities, processes and systems all of which are designed to attract applicants and yield high-caliber students to the College of Business’ flagship graduate degree programs, comprised of 5 MBA programs and 4 specialized degrees. These programs are critical to the College’s reputation, financial resource generation and overall success.
This is a full-time, 12-month, professional academic services (AC) level II position reporting to the Director of Recruiting & Admissions. The Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for customer service activities related to all elements of recruiting and lead nurturing for all graduate business degree and certificate programs offered by the College of Business.
The key responsibility of this position is to act as an inside sales coordinator for prospective student outreach and follow-up prior to and during program/certificate application submission. In addition, this position will be actively involved in planning outbound recruiting and communications efforts directed at all potential graduate student prospects and the development and presentation of subsequent reporting requirements.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Liberal Arts, Sciences or related field;
- Strong evidence of customer-service orientation;
- Experience with business systems and process development and documentation;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize projects effectively;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, and a commonly used customer relationship management (CRM) database system;
- Experience implementing and assessing e-mail and social media marketing campaigns and examining prospect and customer experience strategy.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in business or related field;
- Evidence of working independently and working as part of a coordinated team;
- Higher education work experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Cycle of Inquiry Concepts Duty/Responsibility
As the first point of contact and a representative of Colorado State University and the College of Business, this individual must act professionally and ethically while performing job duties. This position will be responsible for initiating and cultivating relationships with prospects from the initial outreach through lead and opportunity development, and to the application stage. This position will conduct interviews with student prospects, gauging level of interest, qualifications, and fit for the desired graduate program. This will include clarifying program details, communicating and validating admission requirements, and providing guidance on next steps for pursuing a graduate degree. The development of student prospects is in large part a sales function. When consulting with prospects, one must be able to identify best fit, fill a need, and discuss the features and benefits of our programs, as well as the benefits of pursuing a graduate degree.
Percentage Of Time 40 Job Duty Category Program Design and Implementation Duty/Responsibility
- Detailed attention and compliance with the pre-established process of developing a prospect from initial inquiry through to the application process.
- Involvement in process and software reiteration based on user, prospect, and management feedback.
- Providing anecdotal prospect feedback to Program Managers and Marketing department to enhance communications to student prospects. This includes topics such as motivating factors to pursue a graduate degree, top selling features of each program, and why prospects go elsewhere.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Database Management Duty/Responsibility
- Based on proficiency with Salesforce CRM, manage all graduate programs recruiting workflows, design and generate analytics and customized reports.
- Experience in GoTo Meeting, Skype, and other communication platforms helpful for virtual recruiting efforts.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Outreach and Event Design and Management Duty/Responsibility
- Design, manage and implement email campaigns tactics.
- Design and implement recruiting events customized for target audiences at local, regional and national sites. Travel and setup to and from events.
- Manage event budgets of $500-$2000 per event, for 10-20 events per year.
Percentage Of Time 10 Job Duty Category Analytics Duty/Responsibility
- Ability to interpret student inquiry reports and determine priority of lead outreach efforts based on trends, volume, and approaching deadlines
- Apply and analyze student inquiries through a lead scoring process to identify qualified students for best program fit.
Percentage Of Time 10
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, a resume, and contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification. Full consideration deadline is November 8, 2017, 11:59 pm (MST) and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Nicole Olsen: email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.