Quality Assurance Project Lead
Description of Work Unit
The mission of the office of Research Services is to provide innovative services for the research community that will enable and assist their research, instruction and diversity.
- Animal Care and Use Program (ACUP)
- Biosafety Office (BSO)
- Infectious Disease Research Center (IDRC)
- Lab Animal Resources (LAR)
- Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR)
- Research Integrity and Compliance Review Office (RICRO)
- Research Services
This position is responsible for providing daily coordination of QA tasks, testing of standard and custom data fields, and websites, and management of the overall QA process and workflow. The QA Lead provides guidance to project team members in order to maintain the highest level of quality in research data through continuous testing of functionality/usability and validation during critical stages of development. This position shares responsibility for building and maintaining internal lines of communication, and creating/refining the Kuali Research application. This position is 50% part-time.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of related experience
- Must have working statistical and strong quality discipline background
- Experience working on web-based interactive projects
- Experience in Language Skills: Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, and technical procedures.
- Experience in Mathematical Skills: Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Experience in Reasoning: Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience in proactively educating data quality and processing topics to the employees as the job is being performed.
- Experience with all Kuali, and JIRA helpdesk applications
- Experience in effectively communicating both verbally and in writing with all stakeholder staff when addressing issues. Must be clear and concise when documenting issues.
- Experience in reading and interpreting database schemas
- Experience in troubleshooting quality issues by utilizing analytical skills and root cause analysis.
- Must have workable knowledge with SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Must have knowledge of sampling processes
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Must be flexible with work hours
- Experience effectively communicating verbally and in writing with a broad and diverse audience
- Creatively and proactively solve problems
- Strong positive attitude and work effectively and efficiently to accomplish complicated projects
- Learns quickly and work efficiently
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from team members.
- Must be able to work with all levels of colleges, departments, and end-users.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience working collaboratively as a team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Able to demonstrate strong commitment to department and company goals
- Demonstrated leadership, presentation, and resource allocation skills
- Enthusiastic and a strong work ethic
- Self-starter who is able to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Quality Assurance Duty/Responsibility
- Lead in quality planning and assist in generating priorities for application form data, field validation, and data contained in reports.
- Generates corrective action to repeated non-conforming data, validations and reports for both internal and external data feeds.
- Perform and assist with import and export data quality.
- Generates and distributes daily data errors from production reports, looking for patterns and anomalies.
- Publish monthly Quality Assurance reports summarizing all data input sources.
- Performs and oversees customer issues received via JIRA, e-mail and telephone.
- Generate data quality investigations with corrective action recommendations after performing a root cause analysis.
- Test functionality and review visual elements of input screens
- Validate and close-out all issues prior to periodic upgrades of the application
- Develop process to ensure the highest level of quality assurance possible
- Investigate procedures, workflows, and software to keep validations and processes up to date
- Maintain open communication with internal teams
- Plan and document the testing effort via test plans and test cases for application upgrades
Percentage Of Time 75 Job Duty Category Training Duty/Responsibility
- Train and educate staff pertaining to data anomalies and repetitive errors
- Train and educate staff pertaining to data anomalies and repetitive errors
- Assist in the development of on-going training programs
- Provide department and college representative specific orientation and training for the Kuali Research application
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Other Responsiblities Duty/Responsibility
- Assist with internal project kickoffs and requirements/specs gathering
- Generate and revise Standard Operating Procedures and inspection techniques when needed.
Percentage Of Time 5
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter which addresses how professional experiences align with identified required and preferred qualifications of the position, a current resume, and the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. If you have questions, please contact Ron Splittgerber at Ron.Splittgerber@colostate.edu. For full consideration, applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on 11/13/17.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Ron Splittgerber, Ron.Splittgerber@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.