Description of Work Unit
The College of Business at Colorado State University is an AACSB accredited business school which enrolls more than 3,800 undergraduate students in eight business concentrations and approximately 1,500 graduate students across eight graduate programs. While we are the largest undergraduate and graduate major on campus, we strive to create a small college environment.
The Graduate Programs unit in the College of Business supports five different MBA programs and three departmental-based graduate programs. Within Graduate Programs there are three distinct pillars: Recruiting and Admissions, Academics, and Administration. This position resides in the Academic area and serves as the Program Manager for the OPMBA. This position works closely with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs, Associate Dean of Academic Programs, the Academic Director for Graduate Programs and the Director of Admissions and Recruiting to create a world-class Online Professional MBA program for the students.
The OPMBA Program Manager supports the Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs to create a seamless experience for approximately 1000 students in the Online and Professional MBA programs and Certificate Programs offered through the college. Extensive faculty and student interface is required.
The Program Manager is the point of contact for all students in the Program, and provides leadership for the entire student lifecycle once they have been admitted, including their experience in the program and as they become alumni.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong time management and constructive problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead and develop a team of advisors, student support and other administrative staff to deliver excellent customer service to all stakeholders, e.g., faculty, students, alumni, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in mastering new software and skills quickly; ability to work with multiple databases and student platforms (i.e. Salesforce, Banner, LMS (Canvas).
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students, faculty, and external stakeholders.
- Skilled at managing a complex operation; demonstrated ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations, plan and complete multi-stage projects, and successfully and promptly resolve issues from identification through resolution.
- Ability to prioritize work for both self and the larger team, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills with internal and external partners.
- Ability to create and use spreadsheets, projections and budgets.
- Ability to manage and develop self and have a passion to learn and improve; willing to cross-train and create a collaborative environment to support peak load times and mitigate staff stress.
Required Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree
- Five years of work experience establishing and executing multi-year, multifaceted programs in higher education.
- Experience cultivating and maintaining meaningful relationships with prospects, customers or clients.
- Prior experience in higher education or people development.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- MBA, DBA or PhD from an AACSB accredited business school.
- Experience leading teams responsible for meeting deadlines and performance goals.
- Experience managing academic programs.
- Proven track record of excellent persuasive communication.
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Program Management Duty/Responsibility
- Responsible for the implementation of the day-to-day operations of the Online and Professional MBA programs, including but not limited to:
- Development and delivery of student onboarding and orientation into the online and on-campus programs, providing a seamless hand-off from admissions.
- Establish metrics to track student enrollments, retention and outcomes and hold themselves and others accountable for results.
- Conduct periodic market (competitive benchmark) analysis to evaluate positioning and pricing of programs.
- Develop student roadmaps and advising plans for new initiatives, e.g., MBA Marketing Data Analytics, MBA Gateway, and international initiatives.
- Consult with the Director of Recruiting and Admissions and MarCom on messaging and strategies for student recruiting through the website and marketing efforts.
- Responsible for managing the advising staff to provide exceptional student support services throughout the program including registration, extracurricular activities, and resolving academic challenges.
- Serve as the liaison between the O/PMBA Program and key university functions such as Graduate Admissions, CSU Online, financial aid, marketing, information technology, student support and career services.
- Maintains relationships with CSU campus counterparts that enroll students in MBA programs.
- Create clear communication using various methods (email, video, Canvas, Brazen, etc.) to the students regarding deadlines, extracurricular activities and additional opportunities for development.
- Create professional development opportunities for current students and alumni through panel discussions, networking opportunities, leadership and professional development.
- Maintain the MBA Advisory Council by keeping members engaged and active in supporting program activities.
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean, Assistant Dean and Academic Director for Graduate Programs develop plans to integrate new programs, specializations, certificates and other offerings into Student Services.
- Collaborate with executive education programs to provide specialized support for corporate partners’ enrollees; create tracking mechanisms for enrollment and billing
- Collaborate with faculty regarding student advisement and any extraordinary student circumstances.
- Liaise with Graduate School on issues related to academic standing and student success.
- Support CSU COB Graduate Programs recruiting events as necessary.
- Secure and/or ensure availability of appropriate resources for effective and smooth delivery of courses and program services.
- Identify and implement improvements to enhance student satisfaction and/or faculty satisfaction with the program.
- Responsible for performance evaluations, salary exercise, and professional development of direct reports
- Manage O/PMBA budgets of (>$50,000)
- Stay current on changes in higher education affecting MBA programs
- Other duties as assigned
Percentage Of Time 50 Job Duty Category Course Management Duty/Responsibility
- Work with the Assistant Dean, Academic Director of Graduate Programs and Client Services Manager to assure appropriate staffing/scheduling of courses, orientation of faculty, and assessment and modification of courses.
- Work with advising team to proactively monitor student progress, identify students who may be at risk, implement strategies in collaboration with the Assistant Dean to identify opportunities to develop, measure and improve academic success.
- Assist with scheduling, and managing class sections.
- Primary contact for O/PMBA students on matters relating to the program
- Manage the exit surveys and evaluations.
- Other surveys and duties as assigned/requested.
Percentage Of Time 25 Job Duty Category Program Technology Duty/Responsibility
- Maintain close relationships with the Instructional Services, IT Production and Digital Creative Services teams to support the adoption of classroom technology and Canvas.
- Maintain strong relationships with CSU Online to support the class scheduling process for the Online and PMBA students.
- Maintain student data in Salesforce and other platforms.
- Maintain MBA Student Resources course on Canvas. Create new methods to engage both current and newly admitted students, as well as alumni, through video, Brazen, and other technologies.
Percentage Of Time 25
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, a resume, and contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification. Full consideration deadline is November 19, 2017, 11:59 pm (MST) and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Sue Schell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.