Digital Media Coordinator
Description of Work Unit
The Colorado State University Department of Athletics sponsors 16 men’s and women’s intercollegiate sports and competes as a member of the NCAA Division I-FBS and the Mountain West Conference. The University is located in Fort Collins, Colorado, 65 miles north of Denver. More information on the University and its intercollegiate athletics program can be found at www.csurams.com and www.colostate.edu.
The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for creating, designing, managing and strategically distributing content for the Athletic Department’s social media platforms, website and digital marketing outreach. Content design focuses on increasing fan engagement and affinity; supporting revenue generation efforts (e.g., ticket sales, donations, merchandise sales, etc.); sharing department stories externally; and enhancing the overall CSU Athletics brand. Individual leads and supervises a consistent digital brand message and image for the department.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, management, business, recreation, advertising, communications, journalism, creative design, liberal arts or any other field related to duties and responsibilities
- Minimum of three years of marketing or communications experience required, preferably in intercollegiate athletics
- Demonstrated professional experience in multimedia asset creation for social media distribution (photography, videography, graphic design, writing, editing, etc.) required
- Professional social media experience required
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere) to create visual media required
- Experience creating and delivering presentations required
- Creative and artistic ability, particularly as relates to social media/digital marketing
- Proficiency with public speaking
- Knowledge of key marketing principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on projects individually as well as within a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Proficiency with technology and social media
- Ability to provide leadership, training and guidance to other department staff and students
Preferred Job Qualifications
- PowerPoint or Keynote experience preferred
- Experience in HTML preferred
Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse community and advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Social Media Duty/Responsibility
- Develop social media strategies for the department on all platforms with the goals of increasing fan engagement and affinity, supporting revenue generation efforts (e.g. ticket sales, donations, merchandise sales, etc.), sharing department stories externally, and enhancing the overall CSU Athletics brand
- Manage all general department social media accounts
- Create purposeful, artistic and engaging content
- Monitor fan responses (e.g. likes, comments, shares, etc.) and interact accordingly, driving conversation and engagement
- Supervise other accounts (coaches, sports, staff, etc.) throughout the department; provide content and advice on best practices; offer technical training when needed
- Create and/or capture content while also leading and working closely with the department’s communications, video and graphic design units
- Strategize, plan and produce social media content for internal and external audiences
- Mange crisis communications as pertains to social media
- Generate regular analytics and status reports on social and digital media accounts as well as the department website to provide to department leadership
- Recruit and supervise a team of social media interns
Percentage Of Time 65 Job Duty Category Digital Marketing Duty/Responsibility
- Lead the department’s digital marketing efforts
- Maintain and operate the primary email platform as well as construct a communications calendar by working with marketing, fundraising, ticketing and the outbound sales team
- Strategize and implement various digital marketing initiatives including social media marketing, retargeting, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, etc.
- Oversee digital marketing budget
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Collaboration Duty/Responsibility
- Work closely with the department’s communications unit on the official department website
- Assist with maintaining certain aspects of the department’s website including graphics, ticketing sales elements, and other marketing, digital media and revenue generation components
- Regularly meet and collaborate with Colorado State University’s institutional social media team (Team Social) to share ideas as well as formulate strategies and initiatives that help grow Athletics’ various social media channels and elevate the University’s digital profile
- Oversee social media interns who are expected to help generate content and fan engagement
Percentage Of Time 15
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested persons are encouraged to submit a letter of application, a complete resume addressing the position’s specific qualifications and responsibilities and contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact CSU Athletics Department, email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.