Senior Technical Officer
7 days left
- Full Time
- Full-time, fixed term contract for 12 months
- Located at the Mildura Campus
- $63,424 - $71,423 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Murray-Darling Freshwater Research Centre (MDFRC) is a research partnership between La Trobe University and CSIRO operating across our Albury-Wodonga and Mildura campuses. The Centre sits within the School of Life Sciences in the College of SHE.
About the position
Working as part of a technical team, coordinate and lead complex field trips and arrange logistics including equipment, transport, packing and accommodation and supervise other technical staff during trips. You will coordinate and undertake sorting of field collected samples and accurately input data into spreadsheets. You will also contribute to scientific report writing, data analyses or information summaries and maintain assigned laboratory and/or field equipment for the whole research group.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Willingness to undertake fieldwork outside normal work hours and undertake multi-day trips.
- Ability to solve problems through the standard application of theoretical principles and techniques at degree level.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, follow established procedures with limited supervision and contribute positively to an effective team.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to provide general direction to other staff.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 26 November 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Rachel Gorman, +61 2 6024 9885 or email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.