Manager, Experience Design
- Visionary organisation and team
- Newly created role
- Attractive package on offer
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise, that exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and engagement. We are driven by impact and focused on the challenges and opportunities emerging around us.
To bring to life RMIT's strategy the Global Marketing & Student Recruitment team are changing, putting the student at the centre of everything we do, creating a differentiated brand proposition, developing integrated deep insights for all of our global students, and cultivating a differentiated and relevant service experience for those segments.
The Role and Your Responsibilities
This new role drives a customer centric and design lead approach across RMIT University, enabling the delivery of RMIT's customer experience vision, service design projects and KPI's. This role is accountable for ensuring the voice of students is strongly and accurately represented in key projects across RMIT with a specific focus on service and digital projects. You will work in collaboration with key stakeholders and partners to:
- Foster innovation
- Improve Student experiences with a specific focus on digital experiences
- Implementing technical solutions to drive improved student outcomes
- You are an innovative thinker with resilience and drive who can take a hands-on approach when required.
- You have strong experience managing projects and facilitating cross functional working groups
- Mentally creative and flexible you have a passion for service design and ability to build these capabilities in others
- Demonstrated ability to influence cultural change whilst delivering against organisational goals and targets
- Ability to consult and interact effectively with all levels of the organisation and develop strong business partnerships internally.
- Proven ability to independently analyse and interpret a wide range of information, to make rational decisions, to develop sound conceptual frameworks for describing and managing complex problems and issues, and to be mentally creative and flexible.
- Extensive User Experience and lean UX Experience
- Extensive Experience leading digital innovation, Design Thinking, Lean Start up and Agile.
- Only candidates will significant experience and passion will be considered
- A Relevant post-graduate qualification is desired
- As a leading global education provider with a strong vision we create opportunities for talented people.
- We are passionate about delivering a unique student experience to prepare people for the 21st Century world of work and recognise that this only achievable by creating a supportive and inspiring place to work.
- We offer our staff a range of lifestyle benefits and a culture that encourages professional development and career advancement.
- We embrace diversity, promote ethical and respectful engagement, and encourage an environment which recognises and supports you.
To view a position description, please visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job# 558843 or for further information please contact Rebekah Taka on +61 3 9925 3638.
Applications close on Monday 20th November 2017.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.