Research Fellow in Accounting
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Business and Economics
Monash Business School
Department of Accounting
2 year fixed-term appointment
$95,297 - $113,166 pa Level B
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
About the role
Department of Accounting has a vibrant and collaborative research culture. We have received the highest possible rating of five in the latest Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) report for Accounting, Auditing and Accountability. This is a great opportunity to join our team of expert researchers and make a real contribution.
A research team within the Department of Accounting, Dr Paul Thambar and Professor Matthew Hall, have been successful in securing an industry research grant to study how cooperative and mutual enterprises (CMEs) create and measure the total value, referred to as mutual value. The Mutual Value Measurement (MVM) research project is a A$1.1m, 2-year field study of 12 CMEs in the CME sector in Australia. The CME industry association, Business Council of Cooperatives and Mutuals (BCCM)), is partnering with Monash and is coordinating industry investment of A$0.6m in the project. Monash and its partners are co-investing A$0.5m in the project. The research team will include 2 researchers from ANU and Warwick University, UK.
The position of Research Fellow is funded by the CME sector and will be an integral member of the MVM research team. The Research Fellow will carry out a range of tasks including project management, field research, literature reviews, data analysis and writing scientific articles and industry reports and presentations. The key to your success in this role is your ability to be a collaborative member of the research, contributing to the field work and developing industry and research outcomes.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- an earned doctoral qualification in Accounting, business or a related social science field
- demonstrated capability to carry out field research including working with multiple case firms
- demonstrated experience in relevant qualitative data analysis software (Nvivo 10) and manuscript preparation skills
- possess a high level of interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- proven ability, commitment and passion for engaging in scholarly and research activities
- a demonstrated capacity to work in a collegiate manner with other staff in the workplace.
The ability to travel with the research team to field sites across Australia will be a requirement.
If you think this role fits your career development goals, we encourage you to apply. This role is a full-time position.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs"
Dr Paul J Thambar, +61 419 496 154
Sunday 17 December 2017, 11.55pm AEDT