Lecturer in Computer Science
Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $96,087 - $109,181 per annum, plus 17% superannuation
Employment type: fixed term period up to 3 years
- ANU, the place to be - #1 in Australia and in the World Top 20
- Establish yourself as an early-career academic working in a high-performing research group
- Live in one of the cities with the highest quality of life and one of the most enjoyable to visit
The ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) is one of the premier engineering and computer science research institutions in the world. Comprising the Research School of Computer Science and the Research School of Engineering, both are recognised as research leaders in their respective areas continuing the tradition of excellence in research and research-led education. CECS collaborates on research projects with government departments (federal and state), multinational corporations, and SMES, helping to accelerate research and development programs and to introduce new technologies to the marketplace. CECS offers a wide range of coursework programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and also supervises students for higher degrees by research. We offer undergraduate degrees in computer science, information technology, and engineering,along with masters and doctoral postgraduate programs.
One or more research-intensive positions are available within the Research School of Computer Science to join our Planning and Optimisation Research Group and conduct research in Automated Planning and Scheduling and related areas of Artificial Intelligence and Optimisation. We are interested in excellent PhD graduates, with a track record in one or more of the following:
- Probabilistic planning and scheduling
- On-line, dynamic planning and scheduling
- Combining AI, OR, and ML approaches to planning and scheduling
- Hybrid (discrete/continuous) planning and scheduling
- Integrating verification, diagnosis, and learning with planning
- Planning and scheduling for autonomous robotics
Successful candidates will conduct independent or project-based research in those areas. Although their main time contribution will be to research, they will also be expected to contribute at a reduced intensity to the teaching activities of the school, and supervision of students.
Further more information, please contact Prof Sylvie Thiebaux E:Sylvie.Thiebaux@anu.edu.au
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, listed on the position description.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- A brief research statement
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.