Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Clinical PSYCHOLOGY
Established in 2003, James Cook University Singapore (JCUS) offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from James Cook University Australia. James Cook University Australia is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is now ranked in the top 250 of the World’s universities. James Cook University focuses on providing high quality education that is rewarding and fulfilling for students.
The campus is growing, and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience while living in a fascinating and exciting city.
The Psychology Department at JCUS offers APAC (Australian Psychological Accreditation Council) accredited Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), Master of Psychology (Clinical) and Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) degrees. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
- Provide clinical supervision for intern clinical psychologists undertaking their internal placement at the Psychology Clinic or in external agencies
- Contribute to the Psychology Department through teaching in Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs
- Provide research supervision for fourth-year students, Clinical Master and Doctoral students
- Develop and maintain a high level of professional activities including Active Research Program
Key Selection Criteria:
- Doctoral level qualification in Clinical Psychology (will consider Masters level for highly experienced, Australian-registered clinician)
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience
- Psychology Board of Australia registered, evidenced by current registration or previous registration in Australia.
- Evidence of quality teaching and clinical supervision of students in psychology at Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate level
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Research skills in quantitative or qualitative methods and track record of publications in clinical field commensurate with the level of appointment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Highly Desirable Criteria:
- Membership/Eligibility for membership of Australian Psychological Society(APS) and membership/Eligibility for membership of APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- A publication record relative to career stage
Enquiries: Dr Carol Choo, Director of Professional Programs, Clinical Psychology; Tel: +65 6709 3760
Employment type: Full time tenure subject to Ministry-of-Manpower-Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period.
Remuneration and conditions: The positions command an appropriate remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. All employment salary arrangements are offered in SGD. Candidates must consider the lower tax structure in Singapore and the organisational practice of Annual-Wage-Supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of the calendar year(as eligible) subject to JCU board’s decision.
Lecturer: SGD75 000 per annum-SGD100 000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD89 000 per annum-SGD118 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications MUST provide all the following:
- Up-to-date CV including research record
- Full statement of qualifications
- Statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- Teaching profile and recent teaching evaluations
- Completed Summary Application Form
Applications without any of the above will not be considered.
Please state the position and reference number you are applying for in subject header and send your application to email@example.com
Closing Date: 26 November 2017
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.