Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Centre for Social Impact
- National research and education centre catalysing social change for a better world
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Small high-performing team - UNSW Kensington and Sydney CBD offices
Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating and learning from the best
- Level B or C ($101k - $119k or $123k - $141k pa) + 17% super + leave loading
- Fixed Term 3-year contract
- Full-time (35 hours week)
Reporting to the National Education Director, we seek two exceptional academic candidates to deliver an outstanding and innovative teaching and student experience into undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs, as well as undertaking research and fosteing professional linkages aligned with the Centre for Social Impact (CSI) Strategy. These positions involve teaching Social Impact in a range of delivery modes - online, blended and face-to-face.
Based primarily at the UNSW Kensington campus but also at the Sydney CBD office as required.
The Centre for Social Impact (CSI) is a national research and education centre dedicated to catalysing social change for a better world. CSI is built on the foundation of three of Australia’s leading universities: UNSW Sydney, The University of Western Australia, and Swinburne University of Technology.
Our research develops and brings together knowledge to understand current social challenges and opportunities; our postgraduate and undergraduate education develops social impact leaders; and we aim to catalyse change by drawing on these foundations and translating knowledge, creating leaders, developing usable resources, and reaching across traditional divides to facilitate collaborations.
The Centre operates in alignment with the UNSW Business School and is a critical work unit responsible for delivery of academic priorities of the University and in interactions with students, alumni, industry, government, professional bodies and the community.
About the successful applicants:
You can demonstrate your passion and commitment to social impact, as well as the following:
- A PhD and published research in relevant discipline
- Demonstrated capability to deliver high quality and innovative teaching and student experience to both undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Interest in and capacity for development of alternative delivery models for teaching, especially online and blended delivery
- Demonstrated capability to contribute to academic research (that is aligned to CSI’s interests) as well as to contribute to CSI’s applied research portfolio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be involved with and contribute to the Social Impact community
- Work with passion, rigour and consistency. You are engaged and dependable, respectful, inclusive and encourage diversity.
Submit online via jobs@unsw your resume, cover letter and document addressing the selection criteria in the Position Description. Please note all documentation must be in pdf format. You must be an Australian citizen or have Australian work rights for the duration of the fixed term role.
Close date: 11:59 pm, Wednesday 22 November 2017
Megan Day, Operations Manager
T: +61 2 8936 0932
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.