Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Education
- Be at the forefront of education in the tropics
- Contribute to the education of the teachers of the future
- Great opportunity to live and work in Tropical North Queensland
We offer an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Education to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU). A continuing appointment, this position is based at the Townsville campus in picturesque tropical north Queensland, where you can enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals.
About the Role
You will teach in the discipline areas of Professional Practices, Generalist Studies in Education and Inclusive Education as well as your relevant Discipline in Education (Primary and/or Secondary Curriculum Education. You will also have, or will develop, a research profile in the specified areas as well as in areas relevant to schools and their communities and to undertake the supervision of Higher Degree Research students.
- Teach in the areas of Professional Practices, Generalist Studies in Education, Inclusive Education and relevant Discipline in Education (Primary and/or Secondary Curriculum Education);
- Contribute to teaching in the areas of Indigenous (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Education, Regional, Rural and Remote Education, and/or Education for Sustainability.
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students in appropriate studies;
- Identify promising research topics, and collaborations in order to make significant contributions to the College’s research profile, grow funded research and actively recruit students.
With a PhD in Education, you will have previous teaching experience and be eligible for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers. Contributing to undergraduate, postgraduate and HDR programs you will have a particularly focus on the areas of Professional Practices, Generalist Studies in Education, Inclusive Education and relevant Discipline in Education (Primary and/or Secondary Curriculum Education). Ideally you also will be able to contribute to teaching and research in the areas of Education for Sustainability, Indigenous education and regional, rural and remote education.
You will also have
- Experience working collaboratively in teams as well as with key stakeholders;
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to apply sound judgement and manage competing deadlines;
- Demonstrated track record of research, publications and grants/consultancies appropriate to the level of appointment in the areas of Professional Practices, Generalist Studies in Education, Inclusive Education and relevant Discipline in Education (Primary and/or Secondary Curriculum Education and capacity to contribute to research in the areas of Indigenous (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Education, Regional, Rural and Remote Education, and/or Education for Sustainability.
About the College of Arts, Society and Education
As part of the Division of Tropical Environments and Societies, the College of Arts, Society and Education promotes, fosters, supports and administers quality teaching and research at JCU in the areas of Arts, Social Sciences, Creative Arts, Education and Social Work.
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focussing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We also offer:
- Generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- Five weeks annual recreation leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive options for salary packaging.
- Well-equipped, modern facilities
- Fully accredited courses
- Enthusiastic, committed and talented staff
- Level of appointment and commencing salary will be in accordance with qualifications and experience.
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to Apply
Click on the ‘apply now’ button to be taken to JCU’s career page where you can find out more information and download a PD and application instructions
Position Reference Number: 16182
Applications close 15 November 2017