Director of Health Simulation (Multidisciplinary)
5 days left
- Full Time
Academic C, $108,956 - $125,632 per annum plus 17% employer superannuation contribution. This is a full time ( 36.75 hours per week) continuing appointment.
- Deliver high quality material to our undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Work with a dynamic and professional team using your experience to the max
- Located at our St Albans Campus
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to join our multidisciplinary academic team. You will provide the visionary academic leadership in the uptake and development of quality Simulation Based Learning (SBL) across the College. You will have a particular focus on the ongoing development and delivery of the simulation activities in the programs of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine (focus programs), in addition to the other program areas as required in response to strategic direction of the College. Fostering interprofessional learning opportunities through simulation will be a component of this strategic activity. You will also contribute to the broad strategic research areas of the College.
About the Person
You will have a demonstrable record and experience of operating in an academic environment, design and implementation of health related education at tertiary level and an understanding of the focus programs. You will possess demonstrable expertise and experience in clinical practice and simulation in the prehospital emergency health sector, nursing and midwifery. You will be a dynamic educator who is also capable of working with a diverse staff team and student cohort. You will be flexible in your work approach, open to new and innovative ways to teach, focused on quality educational outcomes and have a strong work ethic.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- The leadership, formation of identity, purpose and direction for Simulation Based Learning across the College.
- Embed a clear and relevant theoretical educational framework, conducive with those of Connected Learning, within which SBL will function
- Assuring that the delivery of simulation curricula and programs are in accordance with accreditation requirements;
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- On-site gym, parking and more!
How to apply:
For a Position Description and to submit an application please visit our website www.vu.edu.au/jobs
Applications must be submitted as a single document comprising;
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description
Please note: Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Position Closes: 4.00 pm Friday 24 November 2017