Lecturer in Media, Communications and Journalism
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of the Arts and Media teaches undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Creative Writing, English, Film, Media, Music, and Theatre and Performance Studies.
Our academic staff, all with international profiles, are leaders in their fields and the School is top-ranked nationally not only in the Performing Arts, Literary Studies and Creative Writing, but also Film, Television and Digital Media.
About the role
- Level B $103,047 - $121,478 per annumplus 17% superannuation and leave loading
Post is available form January 2018.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Provide leadership in the design and implementation of Journalism and Communication courses.
- Be professionally experienced as a journalist.
- Possess a research focus in literary journalism and/or creative non-fiction.
- Have experience teaching practical production skills for digital journalism and professional writing for a range of mediums and platforms.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr Brigid Costello, Media Program Convenor
T: (61 2) 9385 6805
Applications close: 23 November 2017