Associate Professor/Professor in Dietetics and Human Nutrition
- Grow and shape a high performing team of academic staff and research higher degree students
- Lead a discipline with an above world standard ranking in research (ERA 5) and further build academic research partnerships in health and nutrition related industries.
- Full-time Continuing position, Bundoora Location $133,847 - $172,416 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
- Attractive research start- up package
About La Trobe University
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. Our research is among the world's best, ranking in the top two per cent of the world’s 20,000+* universities, one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
In this role
You will foster excellence in teaching and research and lead the discipline of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, promoting a robust and innovative research culture. Make a significant contribution as an academic leader and build collaborative and sustainable relationships with industry and other external organisations.
You will possess:
- Distinguished record of original, innovative and internationally recognised research and/or teaching, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management experience in building and leading teams.
- Strong record of external research funding through competitive grants, contracts and/or consultancies; and the financial management of grants.
- Evidence of achievement in fostering and supporting the development of others, including early career staff.
- A sustained record of successful PhD student supervision.
- Eligibility for professional recognition via the Australian Accredited Practising Dietitian credential.
Position Enquiries: Professor Catherine Itsiopoulos, Head of School of Allied Health,
Closing date: Monday 4th December, 2017
Please address the Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.