Student Administration Officer
Student Administration Services, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Registrar)
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- Provide exceptional administrative support to students and other stakeholders
- Casual full time opportunities available for 4 months with immediate start earning $48.84 per hour
About the opportunity
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Registrar) Portfolio is responsible for the development, organisation and management of personnel, processes, policies and technologies to support and document each student's relationship with the University from first awareness and enquiries , through recruitment , admission, enrolment , academic advising, assessment, record keeping and graduation.
Working within the Faculty Services Team, the Student Administration Officer is responsible for tasks including preparing documents, records and web materials, responding to queries, assessing and processing a variety of applications applying relevant rules and guidelines as well as souring solutions to deliver effective, timely and compliant delivery of student administration services.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Faculty Services you will:
- ensure that high-quality and efficient administrative support is provided in a pro-active and professional manner to students and other stakeholders
- respond to a range of enquiries via telephone, email and via Sydney Student regarding a wide range of the Student Administration Service unit activities
- ensure that appropriate action is taken on matters brought to the work area, and that issues are resolved effectively and efficiently, providing sound advice, recommendations and solutions on student administration related matters
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for anAdministration Officerwho possess:
- managing high workloads whilst maintaining strong attention to detail
- interpreting policy and providing advice based on rules and regulations set out in the policies
- exercising sound judgement and working independently to solve complex problems
- using word processing, spread sheets, and databases
- collaboration and working as a team
- client services
Please note:This role is not suitable for current students and will be subject to leave blackout periods from end November to March.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 47,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30 pm, 15 November 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.