Academic Programs Officer
- Full Time
SALARY RANGE: $76,585 to $82,706 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Academic Programs Officer is responsible for providing high level administrative and planning support for a range of academic programs in accordance with relevant policies and procedures, and provides secretariat services to assigned School and Department committees or working parties.
This will include:
- Coordinate the academic program activities related to a range of courses offered by the School and / or Department.
- Provide comprehensive and authoritative advice on University policy and procedures relating to academic programs and governance to academic staff in the School and / or Department.
- Provide high-level secretariat support including appropriate document management to assigned School or Department committees as well as Advisory Boards.
- Liaise, develop and manage positive relationships with staff in the School and / or Department, across Faculty groups, other Faculties, Divisions, Advisory Board members and external bodies.
- A tertiary degree with subsequent relevant work experience or a combination of extensive, relevant experience, training and specialist knowledge in a tertiary education organisation.
- Administrative experience in a tertiary environment including experience relating to the administration of students and academic programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of academic and administrative policies and procedures including course structure and regulations relevant to University and School / Department activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in exercising self-direction using initiative and operating with little or no supervision within a complex and diverse working environment.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Yvonne Blahodyr, Tel: +61 3 9244 5526, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 21 November 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.