Director in Digital Strategy and Solutions
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 with ambitions to position UNSW as Australia’s global university. UNSW believe that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
UNSW has a culture of high performance and have five core values:
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, you will be responsible for the group digital strategy to help deliver UNSW’s 2025 strategy to become at top 50 university globally.
UNSW IT is part of UNSW’s Finance and Operations Division and provides high quality, sustainable, flexible products and state of the art services to UNSW. Their priorities are to drive innovative architectures that enable UNSW’s digital future and be a trusted partner of the University.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrates excellence
- Drive innovation
- Build collaboration
- Embrace diversity
- Display respect
- Support the CDO and work alongside all IT directorates with the ongoing development and alignment of the UNSW IT Digital Strategy
- Develop and execute a strategy to transition business supported applications and implement new automation technology, processes, and frameworks
- Support Rapid Improvement Events delivered by the Continuous Improvement team, as well as major improvement opportunities in Student Support Services implementation
- Explore multi-university collaboration opportunities and keep abreast with emerging digital technologies to enable best practices to be shared across all areas of the University
- Oversee the Digital Strategy budget, establishing project controls so that risks and roadblocks are appropriately mitigated, to ensure project realisation
- Develop, upgrade and deliver Operational Excellence materials, modules, and processes focused on automation processes
- A proven track record in program management related to building and implementing enterprise-level business solutions
- Demonstrated experience in IT and/or software project management and maintenance coupled with analytical, research, and conceptual skills to implement automation against business requirements
- Experience in building a technology team from the ground up
- Engaging leadership style, with the ability to manage stakeholders across all levels
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire confidence, show political acumen, and translate technical knowledge for common understanding.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
T: 02 8014 5575
Applications close: 12 November 2017