Research Associate in Engineering
1 day left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UNSW Sydney comprises 45 academic staff, 80 research centre staff, and 32 professional and technical staff. Its recurrent income is $22M per annum, with a further $12m in research income. The School has 1,700 undergraduate students, 620 postgraduate coursework students and 220 postgraduate research students. The School is one of the most active in research at UNSW.
About the role
- $72K - $96K plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term 2.5 years
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Research Associate will contribute towards research in the field of Groundwater Engineering at the Water Research Laboratory such that the outcomes can be strategically used by the School/University to improve its research and teaching reputation and strengthen collaboration with industry partners.
The Research Associate is primarily based at the Water Research Laboratory at Manly Vale with extensive field work in southwestern Sydney (Thirlmere Lakes).
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- PhD in Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering (or very soon to be awarded) or related field.
- Proven experience and research work in the field of Groundwater hydrology preferably in the area of surface water groundwater interaction including experience with fieldwork, deployment of monitoring equipment and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work independently as well as with colleagues in team-based projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to operate and manage research programs within limited budgets.
- Ability to contribute to teaching workshops, assist in teaching duties and undertake marking, as required.
- Ability to co-supervise honours and postgraduate research students
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Dr Martin Andersen, Senior Lecturer, School of Civil & Environmental Engineering
T: (61 2) 8071 9824
Applications close: 24th November 2017