Information Technology Services Department
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Information Technology Services delivers world class IT services to enable Qatar University to be a model national university that offers a high quality, learning-centered education
Information Technology Services is committed to collaborate with the Qatar University community to provide excellent information products and services. Our IT support shall enable the university to uphold its high standards in teaching, learning and outreach.
Duties & Responsibilities
Job Summary and Key Responsibilities:
The application specialist is responsible for design, develop, test and solutions implementation using current and emerging state of the art technologies for the University Oracle ERP Modules.
- Responsible for reviewing enhancement specifications and identifying most efficient, effective and quickest path toward solutions.
- Highly responsive and decisive in real-time troubleshooting and resolving of system related issues within ERP system and across integrated solutions.
- Configure standard applications, modify standard forms and reports and develop new forms and reports.
- Maintain and manage all technical specifications for Oracle ERP integrated solution including any third party API and gateway integrations.
- Provide and maintain set of clear and accurate documentation of developed solutions, enhancements and revisions.
- Assist in delivering training of functional specialists or end users as needed.
- Coordinate with functional team/business analysts to understand and document the business requirements.
- Develop customizations and extensions to Oracle ERP Applications using OAF/APEX.
- Provide suggestions to improve current business process and increase application utilization to minimize manual tasks.
- Provides after hour and on-call support as needed by ITS/QU
- Abides by all QU rules and regulations, in particular the IT policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Computer Science or related field
- English is required
- Arabic is preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience designing, implementing (production-ready), and managing Oracle ERP applications and other core business applications (Experience in Oracle Financials and Oracle Supply chain is strongly preferable)
- Working knowledge with HTML, JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL.JS, SFTP protocols
- Knowledge of OAF, Oracle APEX, MVC framework and Forms development.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.