PhD Scholarship in Computer Science
3 days left
- Full Time
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
- $25,849 per annum for 3 years
- Based at the Hawthorn campus
In recent years, Swinburne has progressed to become one of the world’s leading universities, ranking as one of the top 400 universities in the world, as assessed by the Academic Ranking of World Universities, and one of the top 75 in the world in physics.
A 3 year fully-funded PhD scholarship is available for an Honors or equivalent graduate in computer science, engineering or related disciplines to study the big data analytic for oil-drilling prediction software. Our industrial partner, IDS (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, has loads of data for oil drilling. Predicting an optimal time and resources for oil drilling depends on many natural elements and system parameters in the drilling such as casting, drill string, drill collar, mud circulation and bit factors. You will need to investigate and analyse the existing oil drilling data, discover any hidden patterns, design test cases to test those hidden patterns, and perform testing to reveal those patterns.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A Bachelor degree honours and/or a research master’s degree in a discipline relevant to the research topic (or equivalent)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination certificate with a minimum overall score of 6.5 with no individual band score below 6.0
- Experience of and interest in a field of research related to the chosen project selected from Appendix 1
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary group in a collaborative manner
A full list of the selection criteria is available in the position description
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/
How to apply
Swinburne is an Employer of Choice of Gender Equality 2015 as recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency. Swinburne encourages applications from Indigenous people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, women and men.
To apply for this position please email your resume and any supporting documentation to Edmonds Lau email@example.com.
For further information please contact Edmonds Lau on +61 3 9214 4367 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Refer to position number: 30523phds