Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Computer Science
• 3 year fixed term contract
• School of Software & Electrical Engineering
• Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
About the job
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will undertake original research in the general area of data science, security and privacy. Key to your success in this role is your ability to make original and innovative contributions to the advancement of research in the field such as big data mining and analytics, big data security and privacy.
In this role, you will be expected to make original and innovative contributions to the advancement of research in the field such as big data mining and analytics, big data security and privacy.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- develop, conduct and advance innovative research within the field of big data mining and analytics in health discipline, or bid data security and privacy. Top quality publications at prestigious venues are expected.
- assist the Data Science Research Institute and Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering in developing and growing their success rate in obtaining nationally competitive grants;
- assist with the supervision and mentorship of postgraduate students; and
- assist with the development of joint research programs between Swinburne University and local industries, in particular (but not limited to) healthcare industry.
This is a 3 year fixed term contract and is located at the Hawthorn campus of Swinburne University.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- An earned doctoral qualification in computer science or a related field
- Strong publications in broad Data Science, Security and Privacy areas especially big data analytics, or big data security and privacy at venues such as KDD, TKDE, ICDM, SDM, ICML, CVPR, IJCAI, AAAI, NIPS, TIFS, TDSC, CSS, NDSS or the like.
- Demonstrated capability or research potential to engage with industry, business and/or government
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
What we offer
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2015 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/
As we are a Child Safe Organisation, all appointments are subject to a valid Working with Children’s Check, therefore it will be a mandatory requirement to have and maintain a current Working with Children Check.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Jinjun Chen (Professor, Deputy Director of DSRI) on +613 9214 4685 .
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Position number: 33142
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 28th November 2017