Senior Principal Research Fellow in Research Leader Rural Health
- Full Time, Fixed Term (until December 2019)
- Level D/E – $135,871 to $175,021 p.a (Plus 17% Superannuation)
- Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange or Wagga Wagga
The Three Rivers University Department of Rural Health (UDRH) is a new alliance that brings together the unique geographical knowledge and expertise of CSU and its partners.
The key activities of the UDRH are:
- Raising the aspiration and success of Indigenous and rural students from the outer regional and remote footprint of the UDRH;
- Growing capacity for collaborative quality community-led rural clinical training, particularly in smaller regional communities and across expanded practice areas such as disability, aged care, mental health and primary care;
- Fostering the development of future rural health capabilities by developing new multidisciplinary resources and training programs.
The Senior Principal Research Fellow will be a research leader, contributing to the development and implementation of the UDRH research plan. They will provide strategic and academic leadership and build capacity for rural health research among the staff and academic and clinical partners of the UDRH. They will develop collaborative networks with researchers and communities in the footprint of the Three Rivers UDRH to conduct, facilitate, disseminate and translate research.
The Senior Principal Research Fellow will work closely with the Director, UDRH and other members of the Faculty of Science leadership team (and across Charles Sturt University where appropriate) to drive the UDRH’s research and training strategies and build capacity of researchers within the UDRH and its partner institutions to deliver on the UDRH’s core mission of rural healthy communities. The Senior Principal Research Fellow will work to establish the Three Rivers UDRH as a Department that conducts high quality and significant research into rural health and its solutions.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria listed in the position description.
Open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants that hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Applications close: 19 November 2017