Research Officer in Psychiatry
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Department of Developmental Disability Neuropsychiatry has been set up by the Inaugural Chair in Intellectual Disability Mental Health at UNSW to generate translational research and advocacy in the area of intellectual disability mental health.
About the role
- $82,417 plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term for 12 Months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Research Officer is required to work on a numerous workforce and service development projects within The Department of Developmental Disability Neuropsychiatry. A key component of the work will relate to the writing and updating of module content within an existing e-learning portal www.idhealtheducation.edu.au for disability and mental health professionalsA short paragraph of 2-3 sentences maximum with an overview explaining what the role is and what tasks you will required to undertaking in the position.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, analyse and synthesise information to produce high quality written materials in different styles and formats appropriate to diverse audiences, including demonstrated experience in report preparation for health/government audiences and preparation of peer reviewed publications
- Experience in mental health, health or disability contexts, either in clinical/service delivery, research, or administration/governance with demonstrated understanding of intellectual disability and experience delivering services to people with an intellectual disability or people with a mental health problem.
- A Masters (preferred) or Honours degree in a relevant discipline
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Rachel Roth, Admin Officer
T: (61 2) 9385 1344
Applications close: 10 November 2017