Sports Assistant/Sports Coach
1 day left
- Full Time
Contract Status: Full-time, fixed term for 3 year
Salary & Benefits: RMB62,000 to RMB93,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
To provide effective supervision of the sports centre activities, ensuring the health, safety and welfare of customers; provide immediate first aid when required; provide a high quality, friendly, well organised and professional customer experience, taking payments and resolving customer queries and enquiries when necessary, in person and via telephone.
To carry out a range of administrative tasks and coaching activities to contribute to the overall effective running of the Sports Centre and Department of Sport.
Regular duties will include staffing the reception desk, answering the telephone, taking bookings, dealing with enquiries, checking the validity of users, issuing hire equipment, reconciliation of money, keeping records, general security of the building, security of keys, fire security, basic stock management, basic reporting from the leisure management system and sales. In addition this role will include involvement in delivering some sports coaching activities, where a balanced portfolio between reception work, sports facilities operations and sports coaching will be achieved.
- Evidence of educational competence within Maths and English, demonstrating good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Sports Coaching Award(s), or the equivalent internationally recognised sport or fitness qualifications.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- A high degree of self-motivation and using one’s own initiative.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including telephone skills and the ability to present information clearly in writing.
- Basic I.T. skills.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Ability to relate well to students, staff and the wider community.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent team working skills with a proactive and flexible approach.
- Understanding of and commitment to, equality and diversity and the provision of inclusive sport and active recreation.
- Knowledge and experience of sports facility customer service.
- Experience in a leisure facility or hold an internationally recognised sports related qualification.
- A willingness to work evenings and weekends as the role demands.
- Exercise to Music Qualification.
- University recognised First Aid certificate.
- First Aid at work certificate.
- Manual handling certificate.
- Good knowledge of maintenance e.g. tool use and repair techniques
- Basic First Aid skills.
- Basic Web site editing.
- Ability to produce basic marketing material.
- Be conversant in the use of leisure management systems.
- Experience of cash handling & use of the till.
- Experience of using Leisure Management systems.
- Experience organising sporting events or competitions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To timely and efficient Setup and dismantling of equipment relating to sports centre activities, for example, student sports clubs, coaching and teaching activities, regular bookings and events;
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene at all times via the sports centre scheduled cleaning programme and pro-active building patrols;
- To support the delivery of the planned and preventative maintenance programme via regular inspections of the sports centre, recording results, resolving maintenance and cleanliness issues where possible, reporting faults to appropriate colleagues in accordance with departmental procedures and conducting basic maintenance task;
- To provide 1st aid where required and ensure the reporting of incidents and near misses is carried out in accordance with University and departmental Policy, liaising with the sports operations manager where appropriate;
- To act in accordance with the sports centre normal operating procedures, risk assessments, emergency action plan and departmental procedures at all times;
- To attend team meetings as required;
- To ensure the security of the sports centre via opening, locking-up and alarming the sports centre where required and in accordance with departmental procedures;
- To ensure staff presence in the reception at all times, to welcome all users to the Sports Centre and visitors to the area;
- To ensure all users to the Sports Centre are registered members and gain appropriate access through the entrance gate, reporting any issues and concerns through the appropriate channels and procedures;
- To take facility bookings by phone or in person at the reception, ensuring the sports facility bookings practice and procedure runs smoothly;
- To carry out a wide range of administrative tasks as required whilst on reception duty, to support the effective operation of the Sports Centre and Department of Sport;
- To ensure student interns working in the reception area are adequately trained and supported to provide the quality of service expected and administrative tasks set;
- To attend team meetings as required;
- Service Delivery and Promotion:
- To provide an excellent front of house customer service via the provision of general and specific information relating to the sports facilities, and services and admitting customers in a friendly and professional manner;
- To deliver and assist in the development of a wide range of services to customers to maximise the use of facilities and increase income generation for the department that could include: Gym supervision, Fitness inductions and classes, Personal training, Sports coaching, Organising and managing leagues and tournament;
- To promote the sporting programme and recreational opportunities available to students, staff and the wider community in a proactive and friendly manner;
- To act as the first point of contact with respect to enquires made at reception in the form of telephone calls, face to face contact and email;
- To maintain customer confidence and service standards via ensuring prompt responses to enquiries and resolution of problems arising in accordance with departmental policies and procedures;
- Operation of the computerised booking system, in order to admit customers to their desired activity; checking membership eligibility;
- To assist with the effective delivery of student and sporting events, ensuring client needs are assessed and met;
- To accept, recording and processing payment for activities, courses and events via use of the departmental manual or computerised booking system, and in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- To assist with the reconciliation of all monies at the close of each shift, checking and verifying floats and monies stored on site, ensuring security and traceability of cash takings.
- To proactively promote the University Of Nottingham Ningbo Sport membership scheme (when set up), to students, staff and the wider community, advising prospective customers and encouraging sales.
- To act in accordance with the departmental customer service policies and practices at all times.
- Additional duties
- To assist with administrative duties to support the delivery of Departmental and University wide events, for example, Introduction Week, Sports fair, Open days where required.
- To work with other staff to carry out role efficiently;
- To exhibit a flexible approach to work, providing additional cover in cases of sickness, annual leave or special events;
- To undertake other duties and activities that may be necessary from time to time in accordance with the needs of the department;
- To work within the University policies and procedures relevant to the post;
- To keep up to date with professional knowledge and skills through participation in training and development activities;
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the person appointed.
- To maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- C Application Form (please download from here);
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org