5 days left
- Full Time
PRESIDENTIAL SEARCH – ANGLO-AMERICAN UNIVERSITY
The Anglo-American University
Since 1990, AAU has a status of leading not-for-profit organization that is educating the next generation of global achievers from around the world at its campus in the historic center of Prague. In small, interactive, and diverse classes, our students can pursue 14 accredited undergraduate and graduate programs in English. We pride ourselves on inspiring creativity and critical thinking. By creating a truly international and friendly environment for study, we strive to make a positive impact in shaping the careers and futures of our graduates. For more information, see university webpage www.aauni.edu
The Role of the President
The President is the highest executive position at the Anglo-American University. As a statutory body of a higher educational institution, the President exercises also competences within the scope of the authority provided to the University Rector under the Czech Higher Education Act.
The main responsibilities of the President are:
- To lead AAU in accordance with the Founder’s Deed and AAU Statute
- To govern activities of AAU with respect to established AAU Vision, Mission and Values
- To represent AAU with respect to third parties
- To manage activities and monitor performance of AAU Vice-Presidents and of the AAU Library Director
- To ensure communication with the public administration of the Czech Republic
- To support development of AAU and thus to ensure its excellent future
- English language proficiency
- Academic rank (Prof./Assoc. Prof./doc.) or recognized foreign equivalent
- Proven experience with management of academic institutions
- Respected individual within the international academic community
- Entrepreneurial spirit in leading an institution exposed to the market
- Inspiring leadership skills
In case you are interested, please submit a resume of your professional and academic activities and a cover letter showing your motivation and intensions as regards further AAU development via email to Veronika Votípková, Secretary to the Board of Trustees, Veronika.Votipkova@aauni.edu until December 11, 2017.
AAU President should be entitled to gross base salary which will be subject of Contract between AAU Board of Trustees and President and a semi-annual / yearly bonus dependent on actual performance of the institution and against separately communicated individual targets set upon the previous agreement between President and the Board of Trustees.
Apply for President
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly