Lecturer (Construction Management)
University of Newcastle Singapore (UON Singapore Pte Ltd)
The University of Newcastle is a research intensive and dynamic university that regularly ranks in the top ten of Australian universities for research output and income and is also ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
UON Singapore Pte Ltd is a controlled entity of the University of Newcastle Australia, established to facilitate the delivery of the University’s degree programs in partnership with educational institutions in Singapore. UON Singapore has over 1000 students enrolled in eleven degree programs and employs both full-time and sessional academic teaching staff in Singapore.
UON Singapore Pte Ltd offers attractive remuneration and encourages work/life balance.
Full-time Lecturer (Construction Management)
(Ref no.: 0171004)
This position is offered on an initial two year full-time fixed term basis. We are seeking a research active academic with a proven track record of effective teaching and experience in the field of Construction Management. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Teaching and Learning:
- Actively participate in teaching activities, with particular emphasis on the construction/disaster management;
- Teach in an area of specialization from the following: building/infrastructure construction, building services and disaster reconstruction;
- Ability to embed Building Information Modelling (BIM) approach (using Revit software) in teaching any one of the above specialised areas; and
- Engage in problem based learning and blended learning pedagogies.
- Establish research programs and develop applications for external research funding;
- Engage in collaboratively research;
- Conduct research and publish journal articles and conference papers.
- Take an active role in the development of curricula for the construction/disaster management programs;
- Take an active role implementing quality assurance processes;
- Contribute to the decision making process.
- PhD in Construction Management or related discipline
- Proven track record of effective undergraduate teaching in the field of Construction Management
- Relevant professional experience in the Construction Management industry
- An understanding of emerging issues in the construction sector
- Demonstrated research record including scholarly publications in academic journals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate undergraduate courses
Please note that your application will be assessed based on the selection and desirable criteria. It is essential that you address each criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Interested applicants are invited to email their resume and the statement addressing the criteria by 30 November 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly state the following as the email subject: “FT Lecturer – Construction Management (Ref no.: 0171004)”. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.