Lecturer in Community Services
(Early Career Academic)
School of Health
- 2 year fixed term, full-time
- $93,336to $110,619 per annum (Level B)
- Plus 17% employer superannuation. Salary packaging options are available.
- Applicants must have full time work rights for the term of the contract.
- Relocation assistance provided as per UNE policy
About the School and the Role
If you are after a rewarding career, University of New England offers all you need to build a brighter future. The Lecturer in Community Services position provides an opportunity for the successful applicant to join our dynamic and committed team. UNE offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as the opportunity to engage in research activity in health and social care. You will contribute to the development and delivery of courses in Community Services and work in a collegial environment to further develop abilities for an academic career.
The role involves developing course materials in community services courses; teaching students in programs offered in the School as well as engaging in research and other scholarly activities as part of a dynamic team of social work academics. The role also provides opportunity for inter-professional and cross-disciplinary research within the School and University.
Skills & Experience
We are seeking a person who is considering building an academic career within a supportive and collaborative environment and is committed to the development of the community services workforce as well as improving health and social care through research. Within a supportive team environment you will be able to work independently, shape the learning and assessment approaches within the Community Services courses, set priorities, and be actively involved in research and scholarship. You will also be expected to demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues and students.
To discuss this role please contact Professor Jane Conway, phone 02 6773 3653 or email email@example.com. To find out more about the School of Health visit: http://www.une.edu.au/about-une/academic-schools/school-of-health
Applications are open to:
- Post-graduates who have been awarded a PhD in in an area of inquiry related to health and social care in the last five years, or are an active candidate in the final year and have made satisfactory progress towards completion of a PhD.
- Current casual employees in the Schoolwho possess a doctorate in an area of inquiry related to health and social care awarded over the past five years, or who are an active candidate in their final year of such a PhD and have made satisfactory progress towards its completion.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21 November 2017
Your application should be comprised of:1-2 page cover letter outlining your strengths and qualifications, and why you are interested in the role; a current resume containing details of 3 referees; and responses to the selection criteria
Equity principles underpin all UNE policies and procedures. As a University committed to engaging a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.