Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Sciences
- Enhance La Trobe's capabilities for providing advanced training in Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences, builds on its major investment in research in AgriBio, a state of the art joint venture facility of the University.
- Identify and develop new teaching and training opportunities that will prepare La Trobe students for the world of the future in this rewarding role.
- Part-time 50%, fixed-term role (5 years) Bundoora campus $111,162 to $128,175 per annum plus 17% superannuation.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
An exciting opportunity for an established scholar in the field Veterinary nursing is sought to strengthen a new teaching partnership, the Bachelor of Veterinary Nursing that will be delivered in partnership by Melbourne Polytechnic under a Third-Party teaching arrangement.
In this newly created role, you will participate in the development of new strategic teaching and training initiatives, and coordinate and teach undergraduate subjects in animal production.
Conduct and lead innovative and high impact research, obtain research funding and contribute to a research culture of excellence at La Trobe University.
Skills & Experience
You will possess:
- Completion of a PhD qualification or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/institution as appropriate for the discipline of Veterinary Nursing.
- Strengthen existing teaching partnerships with Melbourne polytechnic.
- Evidence of effective contributions to leadership and management.
- A record of nationally and/or internationally recognised independent research, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Strong record of publications, including papers in leading international journals and/or invited presentation at international conferences.
Your ability to build sustainable relationships with a range of industry partners and evidence of the ability to promote research links with outside organisations/agencies, will see you succeed in this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Closing date: Sunday 26th of November
Position Enquiries: Melissa Favata, Senior Recruitment Business Partner
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please indicate which level position you are applying for.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please scroll down to apply
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.