University Relations and Campus Outreach Manager
Tracking Code 5168/J2517
Under the direction of the Associate Director, the University Relations and Campus Outreach Manager will assist in the development and implementation of Boston University Study Abroad’s (BUSA’s) communications and recruitment strategies for off-campus and on-campus recruiting; and provide leadership in the planning and facilitation of special events. In addition, s/he will represent BU Study Abroad to students, advisors, faculty members and administrators of multiple schools around the United States with a view of direct recruitment of students to BU programs, and of the maintenance and development of BU’s relationships with the institutions visited.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Recruit students from non-BU schools to participate in BUSA programs by traveling to institutions throughout the United States and build and maintain relations with strategic partner universities. Manage schedule and registration for off-campus recruiting and coordinate marketing and mailing project. Participate in the development and implementation of BUSA’s communication and recruitment strategy for off-campus recruiting. Monitor and evaluate yield of recruitment and promotion of BUSA.
- Research opportunities for growth and opportunity for BUSA speaking engagements/advertising/on-campus recruiting efforts. Research how BUSA is marketed on all academic department websites, organize Excel spreadsheets with findings, update and disperse information to appropriate contacts. Coordinate advertising/marketing campaigns and design projects. Provide outreach and information to on-campus departments/residence halls/schools and colleges to ensure that they have proper updated materials: catalogs, posters, pens, etc.
- Plan and coordinate on-campus outreach initiatives including but not limited to events and information sessions. Determine dates for key recruiting events. Coordinate logistics for campus events including room reservations, catering, and staff assignments to key roles. Work with the communications team to develop/post content to the web. Collaborate with faculty, staff and students, and invite speakers from these areas to participate in the events; provide clear direction to outline expectations. Update and write evaluations for event. Compile feedback and make changes to the event based on feedback. Develop new events (on or off campus) to attract prospective students. Coordinate logistics and collaborate with others on campus. Visit with prospective students and families during campus visits. Participate in campus events including new student orientation. Coordinate and facilitate the BU Study Abroad Ambassador Program and FY101 (Freshman Year 101).
- Serve as a lead and driver of BUSA’s on-campus public relations activities, media relations (including social media) and external communications including participation in industry conferences to promote BU leadership and study abroad philosophy.
- Organize overseas lecturers’ and directors’ schedules, coordinating with on-campus advisors, professors, and directors for meetings and classroom visits (with the help of the Office Coordinator, Program Managers, and overseas Directors).
Bachelors degree in Communication, Business or another related field. Minimum of one to three years of direct experience in marketing and advertising strategies. Study abroad recruitment or other international education recruitment experience preferred. Previous experience with event planning and outreach to professors, student organizations, and administrators preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Organized, detail-oriented with excellent communications skills and experience in public speaking and formal presentations. Media relations, public relations, and social media skills strongly preferred. A second language and experience living or studying abroad highly desirable. Ability to travel 20-30% domestically.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular