Assistant Professor / Associate Professor at the School of Pharmacy
Assistant Professor / Associate Professor
Department/Unit: School of Pharmacy
Closing Date: Until the post is filled
The Faculty of Medicine at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is seeking exceptional applicants for a tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in the School of Pharmacy.
Duties of the Position:
1. Teaching in the Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) and graduate programmes
2. Developing and maintaining an extramurally funded research programme in an area that aligns with or builds on the strengths of the School of Pharmacy and the Faculty of Medicine
3. Providing service to the School, Faculty, University and the scientific discipline
1. PhD, PharmD, MD or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline
2. Postdoctoral or faculty experience in a relevant scientific discipline
3. Record of research productivity as evidenced by peer reviewed publications
1. Research area that aligns with and/or builds on existing and future programmatic areas in the School and the Faculty. Current research interests in the School include drug delivery, drug-herb interactions, drug resistance, and cost-effectiveness. The School is gearing up for an expanded focus in translational research in precision medicine, drawing on research in biomaterials, chemical/biomedical engineering, molecular imprinting, transport barrier biology, informatics, clinical pharmacometrics, biopharmaceutics, health services and policy
2. Extramural support as PI
3. Evidence of leadership and collaborative interactions
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
Our research is critical to the discovery and development of new drugs and therapies. For more information, please see http://www.pharmacy.cuhk.edu.hk.
A complete application should consist of:
1. A letter of intent that identifies the rank for which you are applying for (Assistant Professor or Associate Professor), and addresses how your experience matches the minimum and preferred qualifications for the position
2. A proposed plan of research at CUHK
3. A description of your teaching philosophy
4. A complete curriculum vitae
5. The names, addresses and contact information for five professional references
Candidates will be consulted before references are contacted, and all grants will be validated with the appropriate funding agency.