Lecturer in Urban Design
SCHOOL OF SURVEYING - Te Kura Kairūri
We are the University of Otago Surveying School - recognised internationally for the quality of our graduates and the quality of our staff research. The School teaches a full undergraduate programme in Surveying based on a mix of core (compulsory) and optional papers leading to BSc, BSurv or BAppSc.
In this position, you will contribute to developing the profile of our School nationally and internationally. This includes:
- Participating fully in teaching and curriculum development.
- Furthering the research profile of the School.
- Providing service to the university and the community.
The University of Otago offers a variety of funding, support services, skills development, and partnership programs to build and extend research and teaching capabilities. Additionally, the School expects minimal administrative loads for the first two years and provides some initial start-up funding, for research-related expenses, to help the appointee grow their research profile and attract research students.
Your Skills and Experience
The close connection among planning, development and surveying in New Zealand makes Urban Design an integral part of our programme. You will:
- Hold a PhD in an urban design-related discipline.
- Have relevant research experience and corresponding publication record.
- Be an enthusiastic teacher of urban design, sustainability, planning, and land development-related topics.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Practical experience in land development.
- A landscape and society-oriented view of design and development practice.
- Enthusiasm for multiculturalism.
- Familiarity with kaupapa Māori in teaching and research.
This is a full-time, confirmation path (similar to tenure track) position in a thriving and collegial professional program.
You will be expected to commence duties on 1 June 2018.
Applications quoting reference number 1701846 will close on Friday, 15 December 2017.
To see a full job description and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1701846
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautokoana Te Whare Wananga o Otago itekaupapawhakaoritewhiwhinga mahi.