IT Operations Support Analyst
- Full Time
IT Operations Support Analyst
Location: Kings Meadow Campus
Salary: £29,799 to £38,833 per annum (pro-rata if offered a job share) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Closing Date: Monday 06 November 2017
Are you a highly-skilled IT Support Engineer specialising in IT Networks, with experience in providing operational support on a range of platforms in a large and complex IT network infrastructure?
The University of Nottingham is one of the top 75 Universities worldwide, having 43,000 students and 5,000 staff, with a global reach and campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia. The Information Services (IS) department is at the heart of delivering change to this global and increasingly digital community.
As part of this transforming organisation, IS are seeking to invest in an experienced IT Operations Support Engineer who will play a key role contributing towards the on-going support, maintenance, design, development and management of the University’s IT Network.
You will provide technical support, advice and guidance on a range of platforms inherent to the effective management and operation of the University’s IT network (including Cisco switches and routers, firewalls, load balancers and wireless infrastructure). You will possess experience in providing support (install, configure, administer, maintain, backup, repair, service improvements) for a range of network technologies, platforms, products and services.
- Ability to undertake complex switching/routing changes on core/ and distribution layer switches (Cisco)
- Experience in the support, maintenance, configuration of relevant network infrastructure technologies
- Experience of managing routine service requests and issue/incident resolution
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to rapidly assimilate detailed technical knowledge in specialist areas
- Broad understanding of a number of network platforms, products, services and technologies with demonstrable recent experience in current versions
- Experience working on large scale Cisco networks, through design, implementation and operational roles within a multi-site corporate organisation
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking protocols and principles including gigabit Ethernet, OSPF, BGP, Spanning Tree, CDP, MPLS, DNS, DHCP, BOOTP, Optical networks
- Proficient in use of networking tools such as Wireshark
- In depth knowledge and experience of at least two networking technologies : (Cisco switching/routing, Fortinet firewall, Wireless Infrastructure, F5 load balancer)
- Experience working within an ITIL framework.
- Good understanding of IPv6
- Demonstrable project delivery and change management skills
- Experience in configuring network management systems (preferably SolarWinds)
- HND/Degree level or equivalent relevant experience (Essential)
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) (Essential)
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) (Desirable)
- ITIL Foundation certificate (or higher) (Desirable)
This full time post will be offered on a fixed term contract for a period of 2 years. The post is open to a job share.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.