Teaching Associate in Economics
Job No. 569076
Faculty / Portfolio: Monash Business School
Location: Victorian campuses
(including Clayton, Caulfield and Peninsula)
Employment Type: Sessional appointment
Remuneration: Sessional rates will apply
- Make your mark
- Realise great ambition
- Experience the freedom to transform
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
The Department of Economics is searching for sessional Teaching Associates. As a Teaching Associate, you will work independently and interdependently, assuming accountability and responsibility for your actions. You will work with the support, guidance and/or direction from the relevant Chief Examiner(s) and the Teaching Associate Coordinator to inspire active learning in economics units offered at Monash University and motivate students to achieve their best and help them meet the desired learning outcomes.
If you have a minimum of an honours degree in economics, ability to engage and educate and possess high level interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team, we would love to hear from you.
Teaching Associates should bring the following qualities to their role:
- be confident and enthusiastic
- be prepared for classes
- be committed to supporting and implementing equity and diversity in the classroom
- support the aims and values of Monash University
- be able to work as a member of a team
- be able to motivate students
- be able to mark assignments and exams as agreed with the Chief Examiner.
Teaching Associates will demonstrate the capacity to:
- inspire and develop rapport with students
- work independently and collaboratively
- motivate students and encourage participation
- deliver effective education
- simplify complex subject material to assist students with achieving desired learning outcomes.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to make this role a success, your application is encouraged.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Ms Niki Calastas, Department Manager, Department of Economics, 03 9905 2480
Tuesday 2 January 2018, 11.55pm AEDT