Senior Lecturer in Marketing
The primary responsibility of the position is to ensure the effective development and delivery of online courses, and provide an optimal learning experience for online students.
- Deliver a high quality and engaging learning experience
- Full time, continuing role which can be based at our Bundoora or one of our Regional campuses (Independent location)
- $111,162 - $128,175 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Marketing is committed to actively engaging with business, policy-makers and the professions in the pursuit of relevant and impactful (social and economic as well as academic) research and, where possible, seeks to effectively engage with the University’s Research Focus Areas (RFAs). In the context of the interplay between the Learning Focus Areas (LFAs) and the RFAs, the department seeks to further explore cross college/cross disciplinary program innovations.
About the role
A Level C teaching and research academic is expected to develop curriculum, teach and undertake research relevant to the development of their discipline or professional field. An academic at this level will make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national level.
In this role you will:
- Design, coordinate and teach subjects and courses which provide a high quality learning experience.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate and implement innovative online teaching techniques, and oversee the development of online subject material as required.
- Design innovative and effective curriculum which reflects developing best practice nationally and internationally, utilising various methodologies including online and blended learning.
- Contribute to La Trobe’s engagement with industry and professional bodies in order to develop innovative teaching programs that enhance the student learning experience including contributing to building external relationships at local and national level.
- Play a significant role in research projects including leadership of research teams and/or management of projects.
- Conduct and lead innovative and high impact research and produce publications resulting from that research.
- Supervise Higher Degree by Research (HDR), honours and postgraduate students.
Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will have completed a PhD in Marketing or a relevant area and possess demonstrated experience in areas including, but not limited to:
- Completion of a PhD (or equivalent accreditation) in Marketing (or cognate area)
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and innovative on line teaching in Marketing with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program level.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
- Success in obtaining research funding from grants/contracts/consultancies.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
How to Apply
Closing date: Tuesday 21 November 2017
Position Enquiries: Prof Suzanne Young, Head of Department, Management, Sport and Tourism, Office of La Trobe Business School +61 3 9479 3140 / firstname.lastname@example.org
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please address Key Selection Criteria from the attached position description and attach these with your application. If you wish to be considered for one or more locations you will need to apply to each location job posting for this role. Please specify your preferred location from one of our following campuses and in order of preference if applicable: Bundoora, Bendigo, Albury-Wodonga, Shepparton and Mildura.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no (552897) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.