Senior Lecturer in Psychological Sciences, Level C
Navitas Professional Institute Pty Ltd – Australian College of Applied Psychology and National College of Public Safety
- Sydney, Full time, Ongoing
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, English language training and settlement services,
creative media education, workforce education and student recruitment.
Navitas, or PIBT as it was then, was founded in 1994 with the goal of helping more international students succeed at university in Australia via improved student support and an extended academic year. Since this time
Navitas has significantly expanded the services it offers its students and clients and is now creating opportunities through lifelong learning for over 83,000 people in 31 countries per year.
The Senior Lecturer Level C (1.0 FTE Ongoing) position in ACAP Discipline of Psychological Sciences is responsible for contributing primarily to undergraduate and fourth year coursework teaching, Honours research supervision and more broadly to the research culture within the Discipline and College through a program of research.
The Senior Lecturer Level C (1.0 FTE Ongoing) will be an established academic who will contribute to leadership, curriculum development and implementation, and coursework and will also contribute to administrative activities associated with teaching and learning, such as preparation of reports for the Discipline Examination Committee, as required, and will also contribute to the broader College environment contribute to developing and
maintaining relationships between the Discipline of Psychological Sciences and key personnel within the College.
The Senior Lecturer Level C (1.0 FTE Ongoing) will have demonstrated ability to contribute to undergraduate teaching in areas such as learning and memory, perception, psychopathology and / or research methods. This
position reports to the Associate Dean Discipline of Psychological Sciences. The position is 1.0 FTE ongoing.
Essential skills and experience
- PhD in psychology
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society
- Demonstrated ability to teach in higher education settings in an area relevant to psychology
- Demonstrated ability to develop teaching materials and coordinate units of study
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research leading to publications in high quality, peer reviewed journals
- Ability to supervise student research (Honours and postgraduate level)
- Administrative experience linked to teaching and research
- Capacity to undertake leadership roles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to engage students in the learning process
- Substantial administrative experience linked to teaching and research
- Demonstrated ability to take on leadership roles
- Excellent oral and written communication; ability to engage students in the learning process
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated computer literacy including competence in using word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety policies of relevance to the work environment
Desirable skills and experience
- Ability to contribute to other areas of teaching within the Discipline of Psychological Science
- Ability to develop links with external public and private sector organizations
- Experience in leadership roles within the profession
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an
equal opportunity employer.
Enquiries and applications, including a cover letter and resume, should be sent to Professor Lynne Harris at Psychology@acap.edu.au. Applications close on 19 November 2017
Successful applicants require working rights in Australia and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a National Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check.
Navitas strives to be a workplace that promotes diversity, flexibility and equal employment. As such, we invite experienced candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.