Ticket Manager/Sales and Operations
Description of Work Unit
The Colorado State University Department of Athletics sponsors 16 men’s and women’s intercollegiate sports and competes as a member of the NCAA Division I-FBS and the Mountain West Conference. The University is located in Fort Collins, Colorado, 65 miles north of Denver. More information on the University and its intercollegiate athletics program can be found at www.csurams.com and www.colostate.edu.
The Ticket Manager/Sales & Operations oversees the day-to-day sales/ticketing operations for the Athletic Ticket Office. Primary duties include phone orders, customer service and game-day operations. Position is also responsible for oversight of auxiliary ticket offices including will-call window and player-pass gates, as required, at home and away events. Position assists with supervision of part-time staff. Position creates and executes processes for student ticket distribution; collaborates with the department’s marketing and development units; develops/implements ticketing email platforms; and researches and implements current best practices in ticketing.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business, marketing, communications, management, liberal arts, economics, social sciences, health and exercise science or any other field related to duties and responsibilities
- Minimum of three years of experience with Paciolan, including Pac7, Ticketmaster or similar ticketing system(s) required, preferably in intercollegiate athletics and/or professional sports
- Minimum of two years of experience using Ballena technologies required
- Experience managing (daily and seasonal) ticketed sports at the collegiate level required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel required
- Strong organizational, communication and public relations skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in a variety of software products
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects individually, as well as within a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Knowledge of and compliance with NCAA and Mountain West rules and regulations
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays and travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Salesforce CRM or other CRM experience preferred
Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse community and advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Sales & Internal Operations Duty/Responsibility
- Oversee day-to-day sales/ticketing operations for the Athletic Ticket Office including phone orders and customer service
- Maintain AM Monitor and update scanners for all venues
- Manage Paciolan users, pulse secure, print formats, manifests, addresses, Ballena data process and maintain eVenue
- Create online/paper applications; manage StubHub and ticket exchange
- Assist with all game-day ticket/sales operations
- Oversee auxiliary ticket office(s), will-call windows and player-pass gate at home and away events as required
- Understand and apply appropriate NCAA and MW Conference rules and regulations regarding provision of complimentary admissions to student-athletes, prospective student-athletes and their family members/guests
Percentage Of Time 50 Job Duty Category Marketing and Development Duty/Responsibility
- Work closely with marketing department in developing ticket promotions
- Coordinate with marketing department and ticket printers on the design, development and fulfillment of tickets, including pricing
- Fulfill season trade and sponsorship tickets for all sports
Percentage Of Time 30 Job Duty Category General Administration Duty/Responsibility
- Develop/implement processes for distribution of tickets to CSU students
- Develop/implement ticketing email platform for students
- Manage complimentary tickets, policies and procedures
- Ensure ticket office is properly stocked with essential needs
- Manage specific ticketed sports including renewals, set-up and game-day operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist with supervision of part-time staff
- Understand and apply appropriate state and/or University policies, procedures and auditing requirements
Percentage Of Time 20
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested persons are encouraged to submit a letter of application, a complete resume addressing the position’s specific qualifications and responsibilities and contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact CSU Athletics Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.