Research Technician at the MR Cancer Group
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (MH)
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging
A 100% position as a Research Technician is open in the field of omics- technology within prostate cancer. The position is financed by the European Research Council and has a fixed-term duration of 2 years starting no later than February 1st 2018. Highly motivated candidates willing to pursue an academic career are encouraged to apply.
About the project
Correct diagnosis of early stage prostate cancer is challenging given the limitations of the currently available clinical tools and the biological understanding of the disease. In this project, we will use ‘omics’ technologies (metabolomics, transcriptomics, proteomics) as well as histopathology to be performed on the same prostate tissue sample. MR spectroscopy, MALDI-imaging, RNA sequencing will be important methodology. Our goal is to reveal the molecular mechanisms of novel, but also promising metabolite biomarkers and their connection to recurrence and tissue heterogeneity in human prostate cancer.
Main tasks for the position
- Perform MR spectroscopy of prostate cancer tissue
- Perform MR data processing
- Extract prostate tissue samples from biobanks according to pathology and perform drilling procedures
- Coordinate –omics analysis performed with NTNU core facilities
- Coordinate patient data collection with study nurses.
Requirements for the applicant:
- Bachelor degree within molecular biology, analytical chemistry (or similar). For position as a senior engineer a master degree within molecular biology, analytical chemistry (or similar) is required.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Power Point, data analysis/software)
- Excellent command of English (written and oral)
Emphasis will be placed on:
- Relevant experience with MR spectroscopy
- A master-level degree involving metabolomics/transcriptomics or similar technology can be preferred.
- A relevant PhD, demonstrating extensive relevant experience with MR spectroscopy
- Relevant experience with handling human tissue samples and biobank material
- Excellent command of Norwegian (written and oral)
- Proven ability to work in team and independently
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via this page (jobbnorge.no), and attach all relevant documents listed below:
- A cover letter describing why you are an excellent candidate for the position (single page, no formatting requirements).
- CV (listing education, internships and/or work experience, technical expertise, list of publications, if any).
- Reference persons (at least one). This could be a previous supervisor, project leader, university professor, or any other superior you have worked with. Applications without this information will not be considered. Be aware that reference check will be conducted.
- If you have been acknowledged in research articles, please attach a copy or reference information.
- Any other document you consider relevant.
Head engineer (1087) will be remunerated with a minimum annual salary of NOK 458 700. Normal wage level is NOK 485 700 – NOK 537 300 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund. Senior engineer (1181) will be remunerated with a minimum annual salary of NOK 499 200 before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 499 200 – NOK 661 300 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background.
The appointment will be made in accordance with current regulations for employment at universities and university colleges in Norway.
For further information about the position, please contact:
May-Britt Tessem, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, NTNU, email: email@example.com, mobile: + 47 92406886
For further information about the application process, contact:
HR Consultant Sissel Sollien, email; firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile: mobile + 47 48 05 11 91
Deadline for applications: 07.11.2018.
Please note that applications will be assessed based on the information submitted at this page. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.
Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
About this job
- Deadline Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- Employer NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 143678
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Permanent
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!