INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE PRESIDENCY OF THE POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE OF PORTO (INSTITUTO POLITÉCNICO DO PORTO)
1. The Polytechnic Institute of Porto hereby discloses this Public Notice regarding the International Recruitment and Selection Process for the Presidency of the Polytechnic Institute of Porto.
2. The President of the Institute is the highest governing body and the external representative of the institution, performing his/her duties full-time and exclusively.
3. The General Council elects the President of the Institute, in accordance with the law and Statutes in force.
4. Eligible candidates are: Professors and researchers from the Polytechnic Institute of Porto or other national or international Higher Education Institutions; and individuals with recognised merit and relevant professional experience.
5. The application and selection process must be submitted in sealed envelope, addressed to the President of the General Council, between 13 October and 17 November 2017, in digital format, with the following:
- Request for application;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- the Programme of Action proposed by the candidate for the term of office;
- the Budget Estimates, linked to the concrete objectives of the programme of action;
- a declaration on their honour, duly signed and dated, stating that they are not in any ineligible or incompatible situations, as established by law, the Institute’s Statutes or Electoral Regulations.
6. Applications must be submitted to the Secretariat of the General Council, at P.PORTO’s Presidency Support Services, located at Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 712, 4200-465 Porto.
7. The application and selection process is governed by the following legislation:
- Decree-Law 62/2007 of 10 September (the legal system of Higher Education Institutions - RJIES);
- Legislative Order N. 5/2009 of 2 February 2009, amended by Legislative Order N. 6/2016, 2 August 2016 (Statutes of the Polytechnic Institute of Porto);
- Electoral Regulations for the Election of the President of P.PORTO,
available at www.ipp.pt > Useful Links> Public Documents