Specialist Study Skills Tutor: Mathematics/Statistics
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH WALES
PRIFYSGOL DE CYMRU
Disability & Dyslexia Service (DDS)
Specialist Study Skills Tutor: Mathematics/Statistics (Ref: U008596)
Grade E, £28,936 - £33,518 per annum pro rata
*appointment will be made to the minimum of the scale
0.3068 Permanent Contract
(2 days per week x 40 weeks)
Please note the position is not available to previous unsuccessful candidates
The post will primarily involve the provision of one to one specialist tutorial support to disabled students registered with the DDS who require support for Mathematics or Statistics, although may also be required to support students in other disciplines.
The post holder will instigate and oversee the development of study skills support via Academic Staff and lead the development of the DDS services provisions through liaison and development work. The post holder will therefore be responsible for working directly with Faculties to underpin the development of their students’ skills. This work will also align with the learning and teaching aims of the Faculties and the University‘s blueprint.
Applicants must have:
- A Mathematical/Statistical knowledge, background and experience in the delivery of 1-1 support in these areas
- Excellent written and spoken English to a H.E. level. This includes the requirement for excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to gain credibility and build relationships across the university at all levels; able to inspire students' confidence
- Excellent IT skills
- An understanding of the legal and equal opportunity issues in HE
- A Degree or HE qualification or equivalent – in Mathematics/Statistics
Applicants will be expected to work flexibly across all campuses.
This position is based at Treforest Campus of the University of South Wales.
The terms and conditions of the post (including grade and salary) will be those of the University of South Wales.
Closing Date: 31st October 2017