Assistant Professor of Mathematics and Economics
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS AND ECONOMICS
Richmond Business School – RIASA programme, Leeds Campus
Salary range £33,000 - £36,800 per annum plus excellent benefits
The Richmond International Academic and Soccer Academy (RIASA) programme is part of the Richmond Business School, but taught at Leeds Beckett University. This is a joint programme with the International Academic and Soccer Academy of Leeds to offer an International Sports Management degree. We are now looking to recruit a high calibre full-time Assistant Professor of Mathematics and Economics who will be responsible for the delivery and quality assurance of the academic courses.
You will be required to teach Mathematics and Economics at introductory and higher level including, Foundations of Mathematics, Pre-calculus, Calculus with Applications, Probability and Statistics as well as some of the following: Microeconomics, Public Economics, Corporate Finance, Sports Finance, Research Methods.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- A PhD, MBA or terminal qualification in a relevant field or at least be working towards a PhD;
- A strong record of relevant teaching experience at undergraduate level either in the US or UK, preferably in an international multi-cultural institution together with evidence of an active research agenda;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with both students and academic staff.
This is a permanent position, subject to satisfactory completion of a one-year, probationary period. Appointment will be made at the Assistant Professor level with a salary commensurate with teaching, research and practical experience in Mathematics/Economics/Finance. Referees will be contacted prior to shortlisted candidates being invited to interview and applicants will be notified of this in advance.
Richmond is a private, not-for-profit, liberal arts and business studies University. It is accredited in the USA by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and in the UK by The Open University. Richmond is an equal opportunities employer. An enhanced level DBS check will be required for this position.
For further information about this vacancy and the University, please visit: www.richmond.ac.uk.
Closing date: Monday, 20 November 2017.
Interviews will be held on Friday, 8 December 2017.
Please submit an application online at http://careers.richmond.ac.uk/ ensuring you upload a current CV and supporting statement which outlines qualifications, teaching experience and active research agenda, together with details of three recent work-related referees.
Please note that while submitted applications will be acknowledged, we are unable to provide individual feedback to applicants.
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Economics & Econometrics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Leeds
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Leeds
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Leeds
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Business & Economics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Leeds