Programme Leader - MA Arts Pedagogy & Practice
LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. It has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
PROGRAMME LEADER (MA ARTS PEDAGOGY & PRACTICE)
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced arts educator to lead LASALLE’s MA Arts Pedagogy and Practice programme.
The MA Arts Pedagogy and Practice Programme is a one-and-a half year, three-semester programme. The Programme is designed to develop artists, practitioners, educators, and researchers who wish to know more about educational theories, curriculum design, and content delivery, as well as assessment strategies. The College offers an interdisciplinary teaching and learning environment where experienced artists from vastly different backgrounds and interests are immersed in pedagogical discussion and research.
Reporting to the Head, School of Creative Industries and Dean for the Faculty of Fine Arts, Media & Creative Industries, the Programme Leader is responsible for the academic leadership and management of the MA Arts Pedagogy and Practice programme.
Your key responsibilities include overseeing the curriculum and its development; planning and co-ordination of classes and managing students’ creative output; ensuring high levels of quality assurance to meet the academic standards of the validating partner and the College; and managing the programme efficiently within the allotted resources and budget, which includes selection and management of part-time staff and a range of visiting artists.
In addition to the academic administration, the Programme Leader is expected to teach and lead key modules and contribute to the emerging research culture at LASALLE.
The successful applicant will also provide leadership in arts education across the College, assisting with pedagogical approaches to the teaching of studio-based arts disciplines, and driving an agenda for excellence in the teaching of the arts at LASALLE.
Here is an opportunity for you to contribute to the creative arts and play a role in establishing Singapore as a global arts education hub.
- PhD or Ed.D. or equivalent, in arts education.
- At least 10 years professional and teaching experience in arts education, with strengths in one or more discipline, preferably at tertiary level.
- At least 5 years or the equivalent in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff.
- Substantial knowledge and extensive experience of academic framework of higher education in arts institutions, including quality assurance.
- Knowledge of contextualizing academic programme content and curriculum development to fulfil requirements of validation and accreditation and programme enhancement.
- Proven ability in managing curriculum planning, programme budget and programme delivery.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile and ability to mentor emerging researchers.
- Applications are particularly welcomed from candidates with strong research profiles and publications.
Please submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae indicating current and expected salary, and a recent passport-sized photograph, indicating clearly the position for which you are applying, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org before closing date 18 November 2017 or in writing (indicating clearly the position on the envelope) to:
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Information on the Institution and the position advertised above can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.