Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Science
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at the Bendigo Campus
- $111,162 - $128,175 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
La Trobe University and the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science (LIMS) is currently investing to strengthen its regionally based research and teaching in biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences. This position is one of several that are now being advertised on this site.
About the position
This position will support teaching into a new Bachelor of Biomedical Science degree commencing on the Bendigo Campus in 2018, whilst also supporting new research investment in the biomedical science area. The successful applicant will develop curriculum, teach and undertake research and other scholarly work to make a significant contribution to the discipline at a national level.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Excellent record of research publications, relative to opportunity, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
- Success in obtaining research funding from competitive grants, contracts and/or consultancies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching with the ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop curriculum at course/program level.
- Record of successful research student supervision.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 19 November 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Michael Angove, +61 3 5444 7992 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.