Research Officer in Biochemistry
- Full-time, fixed term contract for 3 years
- Located at the Bendigo Campus
- $63,521 - $86,205 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
La Trobe University and the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science (LIMS) is currently investing to strengthen its regionally based research and teaching in biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences. This position is one of several that are now being advertised on this site.
About the position
This position is for a post-doctoral researcher who will investigate methods to modulate the innate immune system. The position is within the expanding biomedical sciences group based at the Bendigo node of LIMS working in the infection and immunity theme. Research will involve a wide range of techniques, including cell biology, microscopy/confocal imaging, RNA extraction and qPCR analysis of gene expression, protein expression, purification and analysis, in addition to routine cell biology and molecular techniques.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent in biochemistry or cell biology, preferably with a focus on biomedical sciences.
- Evidence of experience in research and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 19 November 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Professor Helen Irving, +61 3 5444 7551 or email@example.com.
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
More jobs like this
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Bendigo
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Bendigo
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Bendigo
- Fixed Term Life sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Bendigo
- Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Bendigo